Talks and Seminars given by C2TN members in 2016 and 2015
To view/close the information relative to each year, please click the respective year link below
A full list of Talks and Seminars given by C2TN members in 2017 is given below.
(please follow the tabs)
A full list of Talks and Seminars given by C2TN members in 2016 is given below.
(please follow the tabs)
- A.D’Onofrio, Clickable 161Tb-Complexes for DNA-Targeted Radioimmunotherapy, 21-24 September, Cancéropôle Grand Ouest, Nantes (France).
- A.P. Gonçalves, E.B. Lopes, J. Monnier, E. Alleno, C. Godart, J.-B. Vaney, B. Lenoir, "Tetrahedrites: A Way for Sustainable Thermoelectrics?”, TMS2016-145th Annual Meeting and Exhibition, Nashville, Tennessee, EUA, 14-18 February 2016.
- A.P. Gonçalves, Synthesis and crystal growth of actinide compounds, Fundamental Investigation of Uranium Compounds and related Compounds 2016 – FINUG2016, Annecy, France, 20-22 March 2016.
- F. Silva, GE11-containing Gold Nanoparticles for EGFR-targeting, 21-24 September, Cancéropôle Grand Ouest, Nantes (France).
- J.G. Alves; E. Fantuzzi, "EURADOS Education and Training Activities”. Radiation Protection Week, workshop on Education and Training, Oxford, UK, 21st of September 2016.
- L.C.J. Pereira, J.T. Coutinho, M.A. Antunes, M. Almeida, "Uranium compounds; further insights to understand single-molecule magnets”, The 15th International Conference on Molecular Magnetism, ICMM2016, Sendai, Japan, 4-8 September 2016.
- M. Almeida, L.C.J. Pereira, J.T. Coutinho, M.A. Antunes, Uranium Compounds as Key Counterparts to Understanding Single Ion Magnet Behaviour, 20th International Conference on Solid Compounds of transition Elements, SCTE 2016, Zaragoza, Espanha, 11-15 April 2016.
- M. Baptista; "Radiação como factores de decisão: Avaliação da exposição à radiação ionizante de profissionais em procedimentos de Cardiologia de Intervenção”; XIV Jornadas Temáticas do Núcleo de Estudos de Hemodinâmica, Electrofisiologia e Pacing, da APTEC; 15th October 2016.
- M. Caldeira. "Cavity chamber manufacturing”. ABSORB JRP Workshop, LNE, Paris, 29 February – 3 March 2016.
- M. Caldeira. "Cavity chamber principles: from collected charges to air kerma”. ABSORB JRP Workshop, LNE, Paris, 29 February – 3 March 2016.
- M. Caldeira. "Cavity chamber: correction factors calculation”. ABSORB JRP Workshop, LNE, Paris, 29 February – 3 March 2016.
- M. Caldeira. "Cavity chamber: Correction factors measurement”. ABSORB JRP Workshop, LNE, Paris, 29 February – 3 March 2016.
- M. Caldeira. "Electronics associated to ionization chambers”. ABSORB JRP Workshop, LNE, Paris, 29 February – 3 March 2016.
- M. J. Madruga. "Programa de Monitorização da Radioatividade em Águas, nos termos do DL 138/2015”. Discussion Session on DL No. 23/2016 organized by the College of Engineers, Central Region, Coimbra (Portugal), 13 October 2016.
- M.I. Dias, Non-invasive nuclear techniques applied to stone idols from pre-historic al Perdigões site: a contribution to understand interaction network. Open Seminar, IAEA Technical Cooperation: Nuclear Technology for Cultural Heritage Characterization and Preservation, HAS Centre for Energy Research (KFKI Campus), Budapest, Hungary, 12th January 2016.
- M.I. Prudêncio, NAA applied to flint artefacts and geological outcrops - difficulties and advantages for provenance establishment. Open Seminar, IAEA Technical Cooperation: Nuclear Technology for Cultural Heritage Characterization and Preservation, HAS Centre for Energy Research (KFKI Campus), Budapest, Hungary, 12th January 2016.
- P. Vaz. "Computational Dosimetry and Modelling for Medical Applications”. "Refresher Course” during the "14th Congress of the International Radiation Protection Association (IRPA 2016)”, Cape Town, Republic of South Africa, 11 May 2016.
- R. Crespo, Few body reaction frameworks for the study of light nuclei, XXIX Symposium on Nucler Physics, Morelos, Mexico, 6-9 January, 2016.
- R. Crespo, Reaction Theory Lectures, Euroschool on exotic beams, Mainz, Germany, 28 August - 3 September 2016.
- S. Cabo Verde.; J. Madureira; A.I. Pimenta; P.M.P. Santos; R. Melo; A.N. Falcão; F.M.A. Margaça, Biological features on wastewater treatment by gamma radiation. IAEA Technical Meeting on "Radiation Technologies for Degradation of Contaminants of Emerging Concern”. Centre for Energy Research, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Budapest, Hungary, 29 August - 2 September 2016.
- S. Di Maria. "Challenges in computational dosimetry”. Invited talk at the MIRCO (Medical Imaging and Radiotherapy COngress), Coimbra (Portugal), November 2016.
- S.M. Almeida, Indoor Air Quality: New directions, 4th Iberian Meeting on Aerosol Science and Technology, Aveiro, Portugal, 29 junho – 1 July 2016.
- S.M. Almeida, Nuclear analytical techniques for speciation of trace elements in environmental sciences, Analitica 2016, Lisboa, Portugal, 6-7 june 2016.
- V. Ferreira, In vivo Imaging of Nitric Oxide Synthase using Radiometalated L-Arginine Derivatives, Workshop "New chemical and biological tools for targeting in cancer imaging and therapy”, 21-24 September, Cancéropôle Grand Ouest, Nantes (France).
A full list of Talks and Seminars given by C2TN members in 2015 is given below.
(please follow the tabs)
- Correia, J. D. G., Radioactive Bone-seeking Molecular and Nanoparticle Platforms for Theranostic Applications, Conference on radiopharmaceutical agents to treat bone metastases, December 4th, 2015, Instituto de Medicina Molecular, Lisbon, Portugal.
- Santos, I., Nuclear Tools for Imaging and Theranostics, International Conference on Molecular and Supramolecular Carriers for Imaging and Therapy, 13-15 July 2015, Lisbon, Portugal.
- A.P. Gonçalves, M.S. Henriques, L. Havela, The beauty and complexity in the U-Fe-Ge system, 1st Cracow Colloquium on f-electron systems, CCFES2015, Pedagogical University of Cracow, Poland, 24-27 June, 2015.
- A.P. Gonçalves, Thermoelectric activities in Portugal, Jahreshauptversammlung der DTG 2015, JLU, Anorganische Chemie, Giessen, Germany, 12 November, 2015.
- Almeida, M.; Cabo Verde, S; Qualidade do Ar Interior: Monitorizar para otimizar a gestão hospitalar. Conferência EFICARE, 9 July 2015, Tagus Park, Portugal.
- Cabo Verde, S. Riscos Associados aos Solos e Sistemas Aquíferos do CMSM – Vírus entéricos. Semana do Ambiente do Campo Militar de Santa Margarida, Santa Margarida, 10 November 2015.
- Carreira, P.M. (2015). Tritium enrichment and measurements at C2TN laboratory (Portugal). In: Consultant training workshop on developments in tritium enrichment and measurement. Invited by the Isotope Hydrology Section, Department of Nuclear Sciences and Applications. IAEA. Vienna Austria, 19-23 October.
- Carreira, P.M. (2015). Nuclear analytical techniques to marine environmental studies at C2TN (Portugal): climate trends and variability. In: Consultant’s meeting on the application of nuclear analytical techniques to marine environmental studies of climate trends and variability. Preparation of the CRP 2067. Invited by IAEA Environment Laboratories. Monaco, 10 – 11 December.
- Carreira, P.M. (2015). Environmental isotopes in identifying Human influence on water systems - the particular case of nitrates orign. Invited by Direção –Geral de Agricultura e Desenvolvimento Rural (DGADR), Ministério da Agricultura e Florestas e Desenvolvimento Rural. Lisbon, Portugal, 17-18 December.
- Gomes, S.S.; Araújo, M.F.; Monge Soares, A.; Correia, V.H. (2015). Lead isotope and elemental characterization of Roman lead from archaeological contexts in Portugal. In: Annual Meeting of the European Association of Archaeologists, Glasgow, Scotland, 2-5 September.
- Santos, P.M.P. (2015) O potencial da radiação ionizante. In JORTEC – Jornadas Tecnológicas da Faculdade de Ciências e Tecnologia da Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Portugal, 13 February.
- Barradas, N., A SWOT analysis for IBA data analysis and software, IAEA Consultants’ Meeting on Improving the Quality of Analytical Data Measured by Ion Beams, 23 a 27 de Março de 2015, IAEA, Viena, Áustria.
- Barradas, N., Technology Roadmaps: A guide to development and implementation, IAEA Consultants’ Meeting on Improving the Quality of Analytical Data Measured by Ion Beams, 23 a 27 de Março de 2015, IAEA, Viena, Áustria. Nuno Barradas, 2015.
- Barradas, N., The Portuguese Research Reactor (RPI), European Atomic Energy Society Research Reactor Operators Group 27th Annual Meeting, 21 a 22 de Maio de 2015, Atenas, Grécia.
- Barradas, N., The bulk sample method in cross sections measurement vs. benchmarking, Technical Meeting on Benchmark Experiments for Ion Beam Analysis, 26 a 29 de Maio de 2015, Viena, Áustria.
- Barradas, N., A SWOT analysis for IBA software - IAEA Panel on Ion Beam Technologies Roadmap, 22nd International Conference on Ion Beam Analysis (IBA – 2015), 14 a 19 de Junho de 2015, Opatija, Croácia.
- Barradas, N., Technology Roadmaps, Technical Meeting on Formulating strategies for keeping accelerator based technologies at the forefront of scientific endeavours, 19 a 23 Outubro 2015, Bobadela, Portugal.
- Barradas, N., The Ion Beam Techniques Roadmap, C2TN Workshop on Advanced Materials, 21 de Dezembro de 2015, Bobadela, Portugal.
- DIAS M. ISABEL, Activities, main achievements and results from the CTN, IST, Portugal on the frame of the RER0039/9003/01. Regional Stakeholder Workshop on Nuclear Technology for Cultural Heritage Preservation. IAEA Headquarters, Vienna, Austria, 2015-10-28 / 2015-10-30, 11-13.
- DIAS M. ISABEL, TL Dating. International Meeting of the Project Nature, Society and Monumentality: High-Resolution Archaeological Research of the Antequera Megalithic Landscape. Antequera Museum, 11-13 Junho, 2015.
- DIAS M. ISABEL, PRUDÊNCIO, M. ISABEL, CARDOSO, G., KASZTOVSCKY, Z., MARQUES, ROSA, FRANCO, D., FLOR, P. Técnicas analíticas e de luminescência aplicadas ao universo Della Robbia em Portugal. Museu Nacional de Arte Antiga, Lisboa. 29 de Maio, 2015.
- L.M.C. Pereira, U. Wahl, J.G. Correia, V. Augustyns, T.A.L. Lima, K. W. Edmonds, B. L. Gallagher, R. P. Campion, A. Bonanni, F. Kremer, M.C. Ridgway, J.P. Araújo, K. Temst, A. Vantomme; “Electron emission channeling with radioactive ions: lattice location of impurities in semiconductors and oxides”; European Materials Research Society 2015 Fall meeting (E-MRS Fall 2015), Symposium W on “Nanoscale phase separations in spintronic materials, superconductors, and other systems”, Warsaw, Poland, 15 -18.9.2015.
- D.J. Silva, U. Wahl, J.G. Correia, V. Augustyns, T.A.L. Lima, A. Costa, E. Bosne, M.R. da Silva, L.M.C. Pereira and J.P. Araujo: “Exploring the geometry of 3d transition metal complexes in silicon with electron emission channeling”; 28th International Conference on Defects in Semiconductors (ICDS), Espoo, Finland, 27.-31.7.2015,
- J.G. Correia, K. Johnston, U. Koester, “Applications of Radioactive Ion Beams and Techniques to Materials and Life Sciences, new tools, new ideas, new people”; Seventh International Nuclear Atlantic Conference - INAC 2015, Centro de Convenções Rebouças in São Paulo, Brazil, 04 -08.10.2015
- M. Reis - Fundamental issues and new possibilities for PIXE, emerging from high resolution PIXE EDS data, International Conference in Particle Induced X-ray Emission, 25 Feb ¬ 3 March, Somerset West, Cape Town, South Africa
- TA Girard “Bubble Chambers & Materials Science”: Workshop on Advanced Materials, C2TN/IST, 21 Dec 2015.
- J. Antunes, Analytical methods for predicting turbulence excitations and responses, Invited talk for the FSI-8: Fluid Structure Interaction for Nuclear Components International Symposium, ASME Pressure Vessel and Piping Conference (PVP2015), Boston, USA, 19-23 July 2015.
- J. Antunes, Les vibrations aimables: mécanique des instruments de musique, Keynote Talk at the 22nd Congrès Français de Mécanique, Lyon, France, 24-28 August 2015.
- J.G. Alves et al. EURADOS Survey 2012: Analysis and Recommendations. 11th International Workshop on Ionizing Radiation Monitoring, Oarai (Japan), 5-6 December 2015.
- A. Belchior. "DNA damage and repair in human cells irradiated at the PTB microbeam". BioQuaRT - Final Dissemination Workshop "Towards biologically relevant dosimetry", Barcelona (Spain), 22-23 April 2015.
- M. J. Madruga. Resultados do programa nacional de monitorização radiológica do ambiente-Valores da concentração de atividade em águas, Encontro Substâncias Radioativas Presentes na Água para Consumo Humano - a Transposição para o Direito Nacional da Diretiva 2013/51/EURATOM, de 22 de Outubro, Almada (Portugal), 23rd September 2015.
- O. Monteiro Gil. Evaluation of chromosome damage induced in a CHO cell line irradiated at the PTB microbeam using different qualities of radiation within the BioQuaRT Project. BIOQUART - Final Dissemination Workshop "Towards biologically relevant dosimetry", Barcelona (Spain), 22-23 April 2015.
- O. Monteiro Gil. Conceitos sobre radiações ionizantes e protecção radiológica em situações de emergência- Efeitos biológicos das radiações ionizantes. “Gestão de bens de consumo contaminados após um acidente radiológico ou nuclear. 2º Painel Nacional Projecto PREPARE, IST/CTN, 9 Abril 2015.
- I. Paiva. "NORM na Indústria", 3º Encontro Sectorial do Ambiente, IST/CTN/CM Loures (LRS), 10 Abril 2015, Polo de Loures.
- I. Paiva. 2nd Workshop on the on Developing an Effective Compliance Assurance Regime for the Transport of Radioactive Material in Mediterranean Coastal States and Associated Shipping States, Transport of Radioactive Material in Portugal, Istanbul, Turkey, 5-9 October 2015.
- I. Paiva. “Contaminated Goods”, PREPARE‘s 2nd National Panel on Management of contaminated consumer goods after a radiological or nuclear accident Panel. IST/CTN, 9TH April, 2015.
- M. Reis. Análises de parâmetros radiológicos em águas para consumo humano, Encontro Substâncias Radioactivas Presentes na Água para Consumo Humano - a Transposição para o Direito Nacional da Directiva 2013/51/EURATOM, de 22 de Outubro, Almada (Portugal), 23rd September 2015.
- P. Teles. Projecto DOSE DATAMED II: uma perspectiva nacional. Workshop Justificação e Optimização das exposições médicas a radiações ionizantes, Lisbon (Portugal), 10-12 September 2015.
- P. Vaz. Radiation Protection and Dosimetry in Medicine - Computational Issues: An Overview. Invited talk at the “Workshop on Computational and Mathematical Challenges in Particle Therapy”, Nashville, Tennessee, (USA), 19th April 2015.
- P. Vaz. Radiation Protection and Dosimetry in Nuclear Medicine – selected topics. Invited talk during the “International Symposium on Radiation Protection in Medicine / XX Brazilian Congress of Medical Physics”, Rio de Janeiro (Brazil), 12-15 August 2015.
- P. Vaz. Radiological Protection, Safety and Security Issues in the Medical Applications of Radiation Sources. Invited talk during the “International Symposium on Radiation Protection in Medicine / XX Brazilian Congress of Medical Physics”, Rio de Janeiro (Brazil), 12-15 August 2015.
- P. Vaz. O papel das entidades reguladoras na justificação e optimização (das exposições médicas a radiações ionizantes). Invited talk during the “Workshop sobre Justificação e Optimização das Exposições Médicas a Radiações Ionizantes”, Lisboa (Portugal), 10-12 September 2015.
- P. Vaz and B. Kirk. Overview of Monte Carlo Particle Transport Calculations and Codes. Invited talk during the “International Workshop on Monte Carlo Simulation Technology and Application in Nuclear System”, Hefei, Anhui (China), November 3-4, 2015.
- P. Vaz. PT Experience in Radiation Protection and Safety. Invited talk during the Workshop entitled "The European Spallation Source ESS; An Opportunity for Portuguese Organizations and Companies”, Lisbon (Portugal), 11 November 2015.
- P. Vaz. Low dose radiation exposures: from fundamental Science to Regulation. Invited talk during the “Workshop on Imaging and Radiation Biomarkers”, Lisboa (Portugal), 13 November 2015.
- Nanoparticles of intermetallic compounds for the elimination of primary pollutantsAna C. Ferreira, J.P. Leal, Joaquim B. Branco, C2TN Advanced Materials Workshop, Bobadela, December 2015.
- Layered europium hydroxide system for phosphorous remediation and anion scavenging, B. Monteiro, C2TN Advanced Materials Workshop, Bobadela, December 2015.